Tuesday 14 June 2016

The alphabet system in skincare and their differences - DD creams

DD creams (daily defence or dynamic do-all) are supposed to be even lighter than BB or CC creams (read my reviews here and here respectively). These creams have also brightening and anti-ageing ingredients and provide SPF. Are they really that different to have their own category in the alphabet system? Well, I think that all these are marketing techniques to create trends in beauty that we as beauty junkies will follow.


However, for the sake of this blog (that is always my lame excuse) I have tried and tested Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse DD cream. Nuxe describes it as a daily defence moisturising and beautifying tinted cream that not only does it moisturise and beautify the skin but it also provides protection from stress, pollution and UVA/UVB with SPF 30. I have used it both with moisturiser and on its own with just a bit of serum underneath and I can say that both ways worked for me, depending always on the weather. The consistency is quite thick and creamy and needs quite an effort to blend it (fingers or kabuki brush) and make it look flawless on the skin. The coverage is great and it can be compared to foundations rather than tinted moisturisers. It needs a little setting powder especially in your T-zone since the finish is more on the dewy side. 

The negative part is that there is a limited shade range (again), just three colours (light, medium, dark) and its quite difficult to find a match. I have the medium one which is ok for me only during the summer. So if you find a match, I think it is a good product with a decent price which provides great coverage, protection and moisture for every day use.

Have you tried any DD creams? 
I'd love to read your thoughts.

xo
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment